Monday 22 August 2016

Newsletter of Love from South Africa



Birthday Girl!



Hey Everyone! 

Email yet again fails me and isn't letting me send pictures the way I want to go I will just send them via the blog.
Hope all is well with you all! Much love from South Africa!!! 

I had such a wonderful week. I was thinking of you plant lovers the whole time:-) I made some new friends in yoga class on wednesday and we all went and slept under the full moon in this beautiful pine forest on thursday night. The weather was perfect. In the morning we collected pine ring mushrooms and had a picnic breakfast:-) 




On the forest sleep over I made a wonderful new friend Emma who brought me with her up the West coast to these massive flower reserves that I've been dying to go visit. It has been a mild winter and spring is already here so flower season has commenced in the western cape. For 3 weeks a year the nature reserves are erupting with flowers. I've never seen anything like this in my entire life. Orange, white and yellow so thick that the hills look painted. We also saw a Kudu, tortoises, flamingoes and ostriches and went swimming in the Atlantic Ocean.


Family photo! (Alex and Emma in the back. Theo and I in the front)







Flamingos!  



It was Catie's birthday this sunday so I organized a braai for her Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning. It was a rainy day so Henna, Catie, Emma and I went to butterfly world for a special birthday where we played with parrots, fruit bats, marmoset monkeys, snakes, tarantulas, guinea pigs and huge rainbow coloured iguanas. Turns out Emma is a bird whisperer. She had all the parrots singing and dancing with her to Rihanna and Adele.



Emma working her magic:-)



Lot's of Love! 
Don't worry school and life is going great as well!
xoxoxo
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment